FIGHT REP TEAM PRIMER
So you want to be a part of the twelve-strong FIGHT REP team who perform the violence on screen. That’s great news! Check out the following information so you know what to expect.
WHAT DO I GET FROM FIGHT REP?
- Membership of the iD Fight Team for consideration on motion picture projects of all scales (currently including Cinderella, Pirates of The Caribbean, The Krays)
- A tailored FightCV from Independent Drama to promote your qualifications and experience
- Twelve hours of fight work, including three hours choreography, three hours rehearsal and six hours shooting
- Featured in a short action film which will be distributed online
- Access to the professionally shot rushes for showreel material, professional development
- Two of the twelve members will be selected as ‘Principals’ for the month, carrying the through-line on their shoulders and using their acting skills to tell the story of the fight from their perspective
- Working with other qualified stage combatants of varying experience, including industry professionals
WHAT’S EXPECTED OF ME?
- A BASSC, BADC, APC basic stage combat qualification or above
- A subscription fee of £50, reserving you a spot on the fight team for a one month block, payable up front
- Your own liability insurance
- A commitment to attend all three sessions in that month
- Suitable clothing – this can include knee and elbow pads, footwear, gloves
- Turn up to sessions on time, be a good partner and contribute to a positive atmosphere
- Perform to the best of your ability, be diligent in working notes and helping others work theirs
HOW IS MY MONEY SPENT?
- Your subscription works out at £4.16 per hour. Pretty good right?
- Though this will vary month to month, this will include securing rehearsal space, weapon hire, location hire, costume hire, supplies for shoot days, specialist film equipment hire and more. This will be discussed with members during the first two weeks of the process. Transport (within reason) will be your own responsibility.
If this sounds good and you would like to get involved, click here to contact us!